Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Photo Challenge

Today's challenge is: WEATHER...  




As a Michigan native snow isn't that big a deal. However, here in the south it's an event of the century...every few years. Snow in Atlanta is, relatively speaking, rare. When I say rare I don't mean it is a once in a decade event. Usually, every few years there is a significant accumulation ( again, relatively speaking). But the reaction to such an event falls just short of being hysterical. It really is something you have to experience to appreciate. Just the forecast of snow sends droves of people to the store to stock up on bread and milk. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Some how bread and milk will help the snow melt faster? The mentality really is lost on me. I would prefer to stock up on beer but that's just me.

So, about the picture. This past winter we had one of those centurial events. Instead of dashing to the store for bread and milk, like a little kid, I dressed up and went out to play in the snow. It really was a beautiful thing. I hope you think so too.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing shot! It's really beautiful! As a swede, snow is definitely not a big deal for me neither, but one must stop once in a while to admire the beauty in it, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Limar...it is truely very beautiful. I do miss it!
    Thank you for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture! Love the color and lighting and how the snow on the branches almost makes them look like snowflakes, too.

    ReplyDelete